Alex's WMD

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Jack's Lux: Good News... Kind Of

Postby danmcccc on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:10 +0000

whats the cv worth? I want to carry a spare
old enough to know better...young enough to not give a f**k

MY KILLER BUILD THREAD
viewtopic.php?t=9235
danmcccc

Postby Jack S on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 6:09 +0000

CV was worth $190, well thats the price i got it for, you might be able to get it little better than that....

Right oh, well sorted out everything today and hopefully it all gets here by thursday to be fitted on friday!
* CV i obvisouly aquired today.
* REKON front struts, which ill adjust myself to the height i want! I will be using the coils i have now as they will do the job, they are already 'bedded' in and saving me some coin.
* REKON diff mounts, i fitted the first version when they first came out, but we decided it would be best to change all 3 over again.
* UCA's with the Uni Ball Joint, decided to do this all at same time, as it is the perfect time with everything being apart anyway
Jack S

Postby helmut79 on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 7:26 +0000

Jack S wrote:CV was worth $190, well thats the price i got it for, you might be able to get it little better than that....

Right oh, well sorted out everything today and hopefully it all gets here by thursday to be fitted on friday!
* CV i obvisouly aquired today.
* REKON front struts, which ill adjust myself to the height i want! I will be using the coils i have now as they will do the job, they are already 'bedded' in and saving me some coin.
* REKON diff mounts, i fitted the first version when they first came out, but we decided it would be best to change all 3 over again.
* UCA's with the Uni Ball Joint, decided to do this all at same time, as it is the perfect time with everything being apart anyway

And Jack credit card has now taken an AVO out against him................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Postby Hilux Max on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 7:41 +0000

Your lucky your not married yet Jack :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to it.
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby helmut79 on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 7:43 +0000

Yeah you would never heard the end of smashing it up like that
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

helmut79

Jack's Lux: Good News... Kind Of

Postby KTM525EXC on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 8:12 +0000

It will be interesting to see how the repco one goes. Did Matty say how long till the MR bad boy ones are back in stock?
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM if it's not orange, its a lemon
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby Jack S on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 6:27 +0000

helmut79 wrote:And Jack credit card has now taken an AVO out against him................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No credit card Mick, that bad boy was already maxed out before i bought all the new stuff. The savings account is the one that has suffered the damage :cry:

KTM525EXC wrote:It will be interesting to see how the repco one goes. Did Matty say how long till the MR bad boy ones are back in stock?

I think the Repco one should turn out pretty dam good, it certainly feels like the quality is there, as it is bloody heavy!
Will be interesting to see how it compares to the stock one.
But the bloke from the store said its amazing how many they sell of these cv's and the majority of them the local toyota dealership actually buys for replacements (which i dont know if thats true because i thought they would have to install genunine).

As for the Monster Rides CV Joints, Matty has no idea when they will be back in stock and if they will be again, he is finding if difficult to gather the parts to make them... But hopefully he has some in the future ;)
Jack S

Postby KTM525EXC on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:35 +0000

it might be worth replacing both with repco ones and keeping the OEM as a spare.
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby Hilux Max on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 12:31 +0000

Not a bad idea Troy..... :ugeek:
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby glide3 on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 1:24 +0000

jack where did you get the big mouth grill from????

lux is looking good,
2007 Hilux SR 4x2
4 way active stereo
19's
JAG IRS (in the works)

For sale:
ECB nudgebar to suit 2005+
Single cab tub lining
glide3

Postby danmcccc on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 2:23 +0000

KTM525EXC wrote:it might be worth replacing both with repco ones and keeping the OEM as a spare.

ver good idea, and if there is any weight difference between factory and repco its good practice to keep both sides of a driveline the same weight

MY KILLER BUILD THREAD
viewtopic.php?t=9235
danmcccc

Postby helmut79 on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 2:24 +0000

Jack S wrote:
helmut79 wrote:And Jack credit card has now taken an AVO out against him................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No credit card Mick, that bad boy was already maxed out before i bought all the new stuff. The savings account is the one that has suffered the damage :cry:

Jack, I'm no financial adviser but if you have high interest debit (credit card) you should not have savings as this is earning less than half the interest you are paying on your credit card. Pay it off with the savings.

This now ends the lesson, tune in next week for another financial tip.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick
FCCW

helmut79

Postby amitch888 on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 3:12 +0000

Best financial tip, do not buy a Hilux and definately do not sign upto newhilux.net
FCCW
Mitch's Build

Education is what you get when you read the fine print, experience is what you get when you don't.
amitch888

Postby D4D luxy on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 3:16 +0000

Haha amen to that!
D4D luxy

Postby Hilux Max on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 3:21 +0000

amitch888 wrote:Best financial tip, do not buy a Hilux and definately do not sign upto newhilux.net

you forgot one before those two mate....dont get married

If I was still single Id be racing my hilux in King Of Hammers by now :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby Jack S on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 5:16 +0000

KTM525EXC wrote:it might be worth replacing both with repco ones and keeping the OEM as a spare.

Good thinking Troy, and i already had another on order, hopefully here tomorrow! Its pretty much the best time to get it done as everything has to be taken off to put all the new goodies in anyway.... But like you said ill clean up the cv's and keep them in the truck for spares that i hopefully never have to use!

glide3 wrote:jack where did you get the big mouth grill from????

lux is looking good,

Thanks man! I got the grill off Ebay, if you type in 'Hilux Vigo Grille' there are heaps that come up, i am sure you will find one that you like...

danmcccc wrote:very good idea, and if there is any weight difference between factory and repco its good practice to keep both sides of a driveline the same weight

Nice point Dan, i didnt actually think about the weight difference (if any) of both sides of driveline. Thanks for bringing it up!

amitch888 wrote:Best financial tip, do not buy a Hilux and definately do not sign upto newhilux.net

Gee if i didnt own a hilux i wouldnt of met all you blokes and i wouldnt have anything to waste my money on...
Maybe booze, crack and hookers :lol:
Jack S

Jack's Lux: Good News... Kind Of

Postby KTM525EXC on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 5:25 +0000

Jack S wrote:
Gee if i didnt own a hilux i wouldnt of met all you blokes and i wouldnt have anything to waste my money on...

We keep ya honest jack ;) poor but honest :D
D4D THE WAY TO BE!!!!!!
KTM's Kick Arse Buildup
KTM525EXC

Postby danmcccc on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 5:29 +0000

KTM525EXC wrote:
Jack S wrote:

We keep ya honest jack ;) poor but honest :D

and healthy too apparently :?

MY KILLER BUILD THREAD
viewtopic.php?t=9235
danmcccc

Postby Skog07 on Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:47 +0000

Hi Jack.
I had some trouble with the boots popping off the spindles with these aftermarket CV boots. I didnt break a CV but I got a wheel alignment once and they pinched the genuine one with a spanner. They fitted an aftermarket boot and it popped off.. I insisted on them refitting a genuine boot and havent had a problem since. If you have a look the outboard boot is different, The genuine outboard boot has more bellows and more flex, if you have a high lift there is less stretch in the boot itself... (Hope that made sense)..
Also check to see if the CV is the same length. Doug67 a few years ago busted a CV and found that the Repco aftermarket one was 15mm shorter than the stock OEM one.
Edit...
Wow... Still have the images on photobucket...... With a bit of a search.....
Here is how the boot popped off.
and as a comparison the geniune boot showing more bellows.
Cheers
Mark
Skog07

Postby Jack S on Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:04 +0000

Cheers for the heads up and tips Mark, very healful mate!

Ill have to keep an eye on all of the above when i have everything fitted and i check it all out!
I went in today to pick up the other complete cv as i decided to change over both at the same time and i asked them if they are the same as the OEM, they said it should be exactly same length etc but just stonger and hopefully last longer....
I did mention to him about what Mark mentioned above about Doug67, they said it sounds like he got/ordered the wrong cv as the Repco ones are made to copy Toyota! But ill check this out and everything if i am around when its all getting fitted and swapped over.
Jack S

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups