Alex's WMD

Want to show off what you've done to your rig? or have a custom project to show? Post it up here!

Re: Jack's Lux: mmmm XROX :)

Postby Miller on Fri, 03 Jun 2011 5:41 +0000

Tough as f**k Jack, looks shit hot mate!
Miller

Postby Luxasaurus on Fri, 03 Jun 2011 5:46 +0000

Jack, I swear if you keep modding and giving me idea's, Im going to send all the Bills to you
For the tailgaters, If you think im going slow now. Wait till i hit my low gears

GU Patrol ;) 4" Lift 10"F/12"R Fox shocks, TD05 18G Turbo, 33" Bighorns, Rear locked and the usual comfort mods
Luxasaurus

Postby ScotsMan on Fri, 03 Jun 2011 5:48 +0000

looking good mate glad to see you finally got rid of the stock bar about time !!!
ScotsMan
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Jack's Lux

Postby rn41leroy on Fri, 03 Jun 2011 6:37 +0000

Jack S wrote:
rn41leroy wrote:also jack, when are we goin to see photos of your truck with XROX? it might convince me to do a comp tray...

Honestly dude, i am not too sure when! Hopefully it wont be too long, but will have to see!
Also you arent allowed to build a comp tray, there cant be 2 hiluxs on here with the xrox and comp tray :lol: :lol:

yeh i know the missus wont be able to carry a pram... unless she straps it on every time... that would be a funny sight a pram on a comp tray..

i must say the lux looks soo good with an XROX. welcome to the club.
rn41leroy

Postby Jack S on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 8:50 +0000

MEMBERS, I HAVE EDITED MY PREVIOUS POST, ON PREVIOUS PAGE TO INCLUDE A FULL WRITE UP PLEASE READ :D !

the only problem i can see with it is that mud and crap will sit down in the corner and be a bitch to get out

Yes we were thinking about that, But filling it in on outside than took away the tube bar style of it, which is why i went inside. But the hose on full blast should get all the mud and crap out of it anyway...

Nice work on the bar, yer cant say i like the infills, i sorta like the way it was as a tube bar.. but its a slight difference from others

See i wasnt a big fan of this bar with the gaps it left, which is why i got the infill's, and like i said above i did this on the inside so it still have the tube style about it!

What colour are you going to paint the Big Mouth grill? White or a dark colour?

Mate not overally sure what iam going to do with the grill yet, i will be leaving it how it is for the time being. But unsure weather i will paint the boarder white :?

And to the rest of you, thanks heaps for the positive comments, it has really come up well and just what i wanted and what my hilux needed, but like everyone says "the pictures dont do it justice".
Jack S

Jack's Lux: Full write up included

Postby Phatlux on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 9:27 +0000

Loving the ute mate!! Really like the infilled wings on the XROX
Phatlux

Postby Jordan on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 10:11 +0000

Your car looks shit hot mate

the only problem i can see with it is that mud and crap will sit down in the corner and be a bitch to get out

[quote]Yes we were thinking about that, But filling it in on outside than took away the tube bar style of it, which is why i went inside. But the hose on full blast should get all the mud and crap out of it anyway...[quote]

If I can make a suggestion Jack, if you fill in around the recesses between the tube and the rear fill plates with some black silicone or silastic, it will make it a lot easier to clean and stop moisture and crap pooling and causing corrosion.
Jordan

Re: Jack's Lux: Full write up included

Postby danmcccc on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 10:27 +0000

jeez jack i like your creative thinking and impressive ingenuity with the awesome idea of mounting the LED bar on flar bar then mounting the flat bar to the top hoop ;) ;) ;)
old enough to know better...young enough to not give a f**k

MY KILLER BUILD THREAD
viewtopic.php?t=9235
danmcccc

Postby hilux xcab on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 10:30 +0000

looks good Jack like the infill on the xrox bar 8-)
cheers craig
hilux xcab

Postby Hilux Max on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 10:44 +0000

can i ask why you didnt fit the light strip on the flat surface on the bar itself in between/below the hoop rather than so high up on top?
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby Jack S on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 10:55 +0000

If I can make a suggestion Jack, if you fill in around the recesses between the tube and the rear fill plates with some black silicone or silastic, it will make it a lot easier to clean and stop moisture and crap pooling and causing corrosion.

Top sugestion dude, i dont mind it actually, i might have to look into that soon, but will leave it for now and see how it travels....

mmaaxx wrote:can i ask why you didnt fit the light strip on the flat surface on the bar itself in between/below the hoop rather than so high up on top?

Max i am leaving that spot in the middle for some spotties, will get around to eventually getting some but that will be a little while away i think. And i think having the light bar in the middle will look out of place. But actually on second thought and having a look at it, this spot might be the way to go Max, thanks for bringing it up, i just chucked it on there and had a quick look, it doesnt actually look too shabby at all.

What does everyone reakon?

danmcccc wrote:jeez jack i like your creative thinking and impressive ingenuity with the awesome idea of mounting the LED bar on flar bar then mounting the flat bar to the top hoop ;) ;) ;)

Dan the credit goes out to my mate, he thought of the idea first and has done the same concept on his TJM bar on his D40! I know this is a hilux forum but should actually get him on here and write up a build for it, it should be pretty awesome ute when he is finished, Monster Rides style ;)
Jack S

Postby danmcccc on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 3:11 +0000

DEFINATLY IN THE HOOP!!!unless you get spotties...then move it ontop of the hoop or on the roll bar behind the cab

MY KILLER BUILD THREAD
viewtopic.php?t=9235
danmcccc

Postby helmut79 on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 3:18 +0000

Agree with Max I would mount it flat in the middle of the hoop
Mick
FCCW

“This is anger management......I’m channelling it into something and then I destroy it!”

My Build viewtopic.php?f=41&t=6869

New Member Sandpit viewforum.php?f=83
helmut79

Postby kyle300exc on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 3:35 +0000

I reckon it would look great mounted in the centre of the loop. Bit more mucking around but worth it for such a piece of art.
Kyle

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
kyle300exc

Postby Jack S on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 6:52 +0000

danmcccc wrote:DEFINATLY IN THE HOOP!!!unless you get spotties...then move it ontop of the hoop or on the roll bar behind the cab

Yes well that was the plan, to get spottied later and have light bar on top!
But think you guys have changed my mind, and when i look at it, i rather it a little anyway.
I will mount it in the middle, and later on when i got little more time i might get some 50mm tube and sit under the mounts to lift it little higher....

kyle300exc wrote:I reckon it would look great mounted in the centre of the loop. Bit more mucking around but worth it for such a piece of art.

A work of Art? Gee thanks Kyle, thats a very nice comment mate, thanks heaps :D
Jack S

Postby OFFTRAK on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 6:58 +0000

Did you try it out at night with the light bar mounted on the top of the roo bar? I'm interested to hear if you notice much of a difference in light spread with it mounted in the two different spots. I didn't try mine on the roo bar before putting it on the roll bar.
OFFTRAK

Postby Jack S on Sat, 04 Jun 2011 7:17 +0000

Luxative: mate it's not wired up or fitted yet, I just sat it in the two positions so I could see what it looked like and get your guys thoughts! But will hopefully get around to wiring it up on Wednesday night, and before I secure it I will sit in on top of the hoop and see if there is, is any difference in spread!
I am actually interested to see if there is any change and I am sure there are others in the same boat!...
Jack S

Postby Hilux Max on Sun, 05 Jun 2011 6:07 +0000

jack, have you got spotties yet or not?

just a suggestion - if the light bar is mounted now where it is on the flat portion of the bar, then find some spotties that will fit above it and mount them upside down on the tabs so both spotties and lightbar will be within the hoop.

looks like there enough room to mount a couple spotties inisde there still.
Hilux Max
Valued Contributor

Postby Jack S on Sun, 05 Jun 2011 7:02 +0000

jack, have you got spotties yet or not?

No spotties yet Max, on the cards but later on, few other things will be done before more lights...

just a suggestion - if the light bar is mounted now where it is on the flat portion of the bar, then find some spotties that will fit above it and mount them upside down on the tabs so both spotties and lightbar will be within the hoop

Thats a great idea man, your certainly always on the ball arent you! Good thinking though, that would never of crossed my mind, i wonder how it would look :?
Jack S

Postby danmcccc on Sun, 05 Jun 2011 7:35 +0000

mmaaxx wrote:jack, have you got spotties yet or not?

just a suggestion - if the light bar is mounted now where it is on the flat portion of the bar, then find some spotties that will fit above it and mount them upside down on the tabs so both spotties and lightbar will be within the hoop.

looks like there enough room to mount a couple spotties inisde there still.

yer it looks like some lightforce 140's or some narva 150's might fit...huge price difference tho...LF do look better

MY KILLER BUILD THREAD
viewtopic.php?t=9235
danmcccc

PreviousNext

Return to Member Build Ups