Ironman Question

Ironman Question

Postby StoneySR05 on Fri, 08 Jun 2007 7:44 +0000

G'Day All,

Today I had a good chat with the people from Ironman about there suspension kit, they recommended to me that I should get their "B" performance kit but use the comfort shock on the rear as I do not carry loads.

From the few of you that have the Ironman gear it would be great to get your opinions, I would also like to know

1. What springs did you get A, B or C

2. How much did it lift your wagon, if possible it would be great to get a measurement from the center of the rim to bottom of the guard

On the Ironman website there is a PDF about an article that was writen by Overlander for their lift kit http://ironmansuspension.com/images/pdfs/Ironman_Hilux_Overlander.pdf have a look.

I also spoke to Climax in Newcastle about their Bilstein kit and I was surprised to hear that they use the Ironman springs with their Bilstein 3" lift, they had nothing but praise for there springs.
StoneySR05

Ironman Question

Postby jcarter on Fri, 08 Jun 2007 7:57 +0000

great Link!

Been pondering those ironman winch;s, and they give it abit of run in there also.

props.;)
jcarter

Ironman Question

Postby Darren on Fri, 08 Jun 2007 8:20 +0000

Hi, I have a winch and bullbar, and I think they fitted the C coills to the front and the rear we fitted the comfort springs. They work very well. Lift was about 40mm from standard in the front and about 50mm in the rear. I went the more expensive closed cell shocks
Darren

Ironman Question

Postby StoneySR05 on Fri, 08 Jun 2007 8:26 +0000

Darren,

What do you think of the rear springs, if you went for the "B" spring would it be to hard?

I was also thinking about fitting the 15mm spacers to the front springs, as I want to make sure I get the 50mm at the front
StoneySR05

Ironman Question

Postby Darren on Fri, 08 Jun 2007 8:56 +0000

Unless you are carrying a big load all the time the B springs would be to hard. They had a helper spring that bolts to the springs that increases the load capacity with out hardening the springs when not loaded. It can be fitted at any time I found I did not need it. They are fairly spot on. I also found the articulation is heeps better, the hand brake cable bracket will hit the shazzy rails on full articulation
Darren

Ironman Question

Postby StoneySR05 on Sat, 09 Jun 2007 5:45 +0000

I think you are right about the comfort rear springs; I don't want the car to be to stiff as it is driven empty all the time.

I did find out through talking to Adam at Ironman is that there display Hilux, the one in the article use the comfort spring in the rear but they have modified and reset it for extra height, I asked them if they could supply me the modified/reset comfort springs the same as this and they said no.

I also went to the local Tyre Power store to get a quote on the install but he is not there for two weeks, don't you hate it when you are fired up to go and then you have to waite.
StoneySR05

Re: Ironman Question

Postby BAT091 on Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:33 +0000

Bringing up a thread from the dark ages here but is anyone running or has run the ironman 75mm h/d coils ?? What are they like any issues with major sagging etc... Reason I ask is I am currently running lovells 50mm h/d but another inch all round would be great.. Thought I'd start with the front end :)
Thanks in advance
Cheers Kirk

BAT091 LUX BUILD THREAD
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=10014
BAT091

Re: Ironman Question

Postby MarkYounger on Sun, 22 Apr 2012 9:37 +0000

I recently emailed Ironman so I could have a better understanding of the suspension I put on the truck.
To clarify, I am pleased with both the coils and shocks I put on the truck, but at some point I would like to finetune and upgrade to fox or the like. So, this is what I sent:
"Hey,
My name is Mark Younger. I live in Honduras C.A. I recently got some of your shocks and struts to put on my 2006 toyota hilux.
12710GR & 12650GR
I was wondering what are the valvings for these shocks?
I could not find this info listed on the web site anywhere.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers"

Their reply:
"Ironman 4x4 Suspension

Apr 17 (4 days ago)

to me
Hi Mark,

Not sure if I correctly understand your request?

We do not freely provide technical data on the internal performance characteristics of the shock absorbers.

The performance can be classified as being a Mid-Range upgrade to improve road stability and vehicle control offroad.
The GR performance is intended to be tighter than standard shocks, but offer a smoother ride quality.
This helps to reduce body roll and improve comfort.

It is highly suggested to combine the new shocks with some matching leaf springs, as the Ironman leaf springs offer greater articulation and compliance over bumps which working together with the shocks reduces unnecessary body movement over rough terrain.

Regards,"

From the tone of the email sounds like they think someone might post it on the internet or something! :o
Crazy I know, but it is not like this is the top of the line shock made with super secret info to protect. Infact the top of the line shocks offer you your choice in valvings and are rebuildable so as to change it later if you so choose. Maybe someone can shed some light on this subject. If not hopefully it will atleast inform someone else before a purchase is made.
Again I am happy with the product, for the price. Just wish there was more real info on the product instead of just sales pitch.
Check out my build: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=10969
MarkYounger

Return to Suspension