Arb 50mm Suspension Lift

Re: Arb 50mm Suspension Lift

Postby LUX666 on Sat, 15 Jun 2013 8:19 +0000

I've had the ARB OME suspension now for 3 years, when first fitted it dropped within 2 months, when I went back for the side steps they saw it and replaced the front springs with the heavy duty Prado springs, I have dual batteries, ARB winch bar and winch fitted.
I measured the front on Friday, just out of curiosity after reading some of the threads on this site, the front is sitting at 750mm the rear at 840mm, measured from the edge of the rim, the front has dropped nearly 30mm and the tyres do rub on a hard turn and a bump.
If I were to do it again I would not go for the OME, in the next couple of weeks I will be talking to Ultimate to see what can be done.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

John
" If All Else Fails !, Read The Instructions !"
LUX666

Re: Arb 50mm Suspension Lift

Postby rysermon on Sun, 16 Jun 2013 6:18 +0000

if youre going arb then ask for the prado HD front coils the ones youd put into a prado with a winch and bar, they will be 99% less likely to sag after you weight it out and run them in, but still its a gamble, arbs catalogue states its only est a 30mm lift at the front, so as long as it sits at 30mm they wont see it as an issue.

after all this i ended up just getting bilstein shocks front and rear with king spring HDD or something real heavy duty and efs leafes on the back and it hasnt done me wrong ..so far ;)
"Lifes Simple, You make choices and you dont look back"
08 (09facelift) Hilux SR D4D - Daily and adventure vehicle
99 Silvia S15 Spec r - Sunday driver
rysermon

Previous

Return to Suspension